The world needs more light. Not more electricity or fluorescence or technology, but the warm, brightly burning ray that shines from within when you are your best self. Who are you when you are most proud of yourself?
Over time, fear, exhaustion and shame can dim the brightest of lights, especially during this season. For this reason, we must keep that flame inside burning bright, choose the path of light and love, and allow your brilliance to be seen.
Fortunately, there are plenty of tools that you can use to rekindle your spark every day. Here are four steps you can take everyday to reignite your light:
1. Be grateful. Tell the people around you that you appreciate them. Give thanks for the food you eat and the roof that you sleep under. Smile. Say thank you. Gratitude magnifies your feelings of goodwill, helping you stay focused on the good stuff. Whether you say out loud or write it down in a journal, this exercise can help you reconnect with what matters most to you.
2. Exercise. Sweating and moving for just 20 minutes a day has been clinically shown to improve your mood & boost your health. Try a yoga class, ride your bike around town, or go for a swim or a walk. Not only will the increased blood flow to your brain re-energize you, but your creativity, innovation and natural problem-solving become activated.
3. Meditate. Regardless of your faith, research shows that spending time in reflective silence reconnects you with your source of self-awareness, self-assuredness & happiness. Peace and restoration flow from being centered and mindful. As a wonderful secondary benefit, it’s also been shown to greatly reduce stress & improve communication.
4. Get to water. There is surprising scientific research that shows the neurological (& other) benefits of being near, in, on, or under water, including reduced stress, increased happiness, and improved performance. Whether it’s the ocean, lakes, streams, puddles, or a shower… get to the water. Get your Blue Mind on. #BlueMindLife
- What can YOU do to let your light shine a little brighter TODAY?
- What other practices do you use to refocus your light?
If we can be of service to you in reconnecting with your sense of purpose, vision for the future or what matters to you most, please visit our website, contact us today or click here to schedule time for a coaching conversation.
Our mission is to help you become the best version of yourself.
Be the Light.